(Content from tech manual)
Used to locate and measure radioactivity in the form of gamma rays and beta particles, Displays dose rates and total accumulated dose resulting from a fallout field.
- Easy to use
- Battery operated
- Self-testing during operation or on demand by operator
- Detects, measures, and displays level of gamma radiation dose rate from 0.01 µGy/hr. to 100 Gy/hr.
- Detects and displays level of beta particle dose rate from 0.01 µGy/hr. to 5 cGy/hr.
- Measures, stores, and displays accumulated dose from 0.01 µGy to 9.99 Gy.
- Flashes display to indicate reduced-accuracy condition when measuring dose rates from 10 Gy/hr. and above.
- Liquid crystal display (LCD) shows three digits, decimal point, and unit of measure for dose rate or accumulated dose; also indicates low batteries and faults.
- Can be vehicle mounted with vehicle power actuating alarms and intercoms; computes and displays dose rates external to vehicle.
- Audible or visual alarm independently preset for dose rate and accumulated dose.
Manual: TM 11-6665-251-10
Stock Number Reference:
Radiac Set, AN/VDR-2
Assign Date: 1985-12-07
|Probe, Radiac DT-616/VDR-2||5985-01-251-2716||1987-03-16|
|Mount, Resilient Unit, MT-6123/VDR-2||5340-01-222-1374||1985-12-07|
|Pouch, Radiac Set||6665-01-295-7387||1989-03-10|
|Strap, Radiac Set||(P/N: A3085600)||N/A|