After months of preparation, Gear-Illustration and Lii Gear joint designed rucksack “Jungle Ranger” is finally ready for sale! This small rucksack is based on the classic ARVN rucksack with some modernized practical design added on. The products retains the iconic rucksack main body and dual large external cargo pockets, and a central “ripper zipper” is added for an accelerated access.
With a capacity of about 25 liters, Jungle Ranger can meet the needs of daily use as well as short travel within several days. It’s an excellent solution of the popular “2-Day Pack”.
- Lii Gear Lab: https://liigearlab.com/en/prod.php?id=43
- ALI Express: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003190816354.html
- NFSTRIKE: https://www.nfstrike.com/product/lii-gear-jungle-warrior-tactical-backpack
- Worker Kit: https://www.workerkit.com/Workerkit-Lii-Gear-48-Hours-30L-Backpack-Jungle-Warrior-Retro-p1799440.html
Review Video by George DEFINED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iS5GUm49Us
- Ranger green / coyote brown two tone
- Dimensions: 12″ x 16″ x 10″ overall, 6″ x 3″ x 9″ external cargo pocket
- Volume: 1830 cubic inch
- Weight: 2.8 lbs
- 500D Nylon
- Dyneema® Fiber
- YKK® Zippers
- Duraflex-UTX® Buckles
- Central “Ripper Zipper” for fast access
- VELCRO® pile on top of lid for patches
- Dual large external cargo pockets
- Zippered mesh lid pocket
- Two interior mesh pockets and full-size internal back side compartment
- MOLLE/PALS on exterior
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Full-size plastic frame sheet
- Reserved buckles for 1 inch waist belt (waist belt not included)
Original Concept: Beta-TNT
Years ago, I saw a guy who loves Marine M-1941 Field Pack System very much on USMF, but the original packs are too old to use as daily packs. So he contacted a tactical nylon gear workshop to make a modernized one. This inspired me a lot. There are so many excellent military packs and rucks in the history, they proved themselves in their service years by the durability and fine design. They are not fading out.
Among all the USGI pack and rucks all the time, the ARVN Rucksack is always my favorite. I have at least five ARVN Rucksacks. The capacity is not to large or too small, perfect for both jungle warfare and daily use. So I came up with an idea that maybe I can recreate it with modern materials and technique. This idea became true in the early 2019, I finished a prototype pack. Then I contacted Lii Gear Lab for further improvement and mass product. The central “ripper zipper” is my initial idea. The name “Jungle Ranger” is a tribute to the original ARVN Rucksack users: ARVN Paratroopers and Rangers, and to every “ranger” who enjoys his/her life.